Admission Requirements Dental Hygiene
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene
The Dental Hygiene Program is a part of the College of Health Sciences (CHS) at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith (UAFS). The Dental Hygiene Program is accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Students desiring admission to the Dental Hygiene Program need to be aware of and understand the following information related to admission, progression, and graduation.
To be considered for admission to the program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete university admission requirements to include submission of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Submit official transcript showing successful completion of an associate degree in dental hygiene from a CODA accredited program.
- Have a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for all college course work (including transfer work and excluding developmental courses) and be in good academic standing.
- Complete required prerequisite courses for the program with a minimum grade of “C” or higher in each course prior to fall or spring entry.
- Have a current, unencumbered dental hygiene license with a local anesthesia permit in their state of residence that must be maintained throughout the completion of the AAS-BSDH program.