MHCA Admission Requirements
The MS in Healthcare Administration online program is designed to prepare healthcare professionals to successfully manage and lead healthcare organizations. Students seeking admission to the Healthcare Administration program must adhere to the following requirements:
1. Complete and submit all admission requirements for Graduate Studies by July 15, 2017 to the Office of Admissions/Graduate Studies. See Admission to Graduate Studies Requirements section in the Graduate Catalog.
2. Possess an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited regional institution with at least a 3.0 GPA.
3. Preferred MHCA applicants should:
- Have 5 or more years of leadership experience, with a minimum of 2 of those years in healthcare. Clinical experience can be considered as leadership experience.
- Be a resident of Arkansas or its surrounding states (TX, MO, OK, LA, MS, TN).
- Submit your resume’.
- Submit 2 professional letters of recommendation.
- Submit a letter of support from your current or most recent supervisor.
- Submit a personal letter of intent (less than 3 pages) that discusses reasons you are seeking the degree, educational goals, career goals, and your leadership skills.
- Participate in an interview (via video/teleconference) with the Executive Director and a MHCA Advisory Board member.
4. A student failing to meet one or more of the standards required for admission as a regular student may be eligible for provisional admission, if space in the program is available. Students who fail to make progress under provisional admission must be withdrawn from the program.
5. International students may apply for the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (Online Program) if they are completing this program while living outside the United States. International students must meet the admission requirements stated above and the international student admission requirements for Graduate Studies. (See “Admission to Graduate Studies”.) The Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (Online Program) is not available for an international student on a F1 visa living in the United States. Online programs will not satisfy visa requirements.
Estimated Program Costs
Tuition and Fees
|Tuition||$450 per credit hour||x 40||$18,000|
|$550 per credit hour||x 40||$27,320|
|Graduate Health Sciences Program fee||$25 per credit hour||x 40||$1,000|
|Graduate Distance Education Course fee||$40 per credit hour||x 40||$1,600|
|Graduate Technology fee||$14 per credit hour||x 40||$600|
|Graduate Library fee||$3 per credit hour||x 40||$120|
|Graduate Admission Application fee||$100|
|Graduate Studies Graduation Fee||$50|
|Graduation Regalia (cap, gown, tassel, hood)||$125|
|Total Estimated Cost of MHCA Program||$22,795.00||$32,115.00|
Estimated cost for the 2017-2018 school year – costs may change without notice, other fees may apply, and additional costs may be incurred throughout the program’s entirety.
*APA manual required in first course (MHCA 5003) is required throughout program and students should keep their copy. MHCA 5043 and 6053 use the same textbook and students should keep their copy from 5043.
View the degree plan for the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration.
For more information you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.