RN to BSN Requirements
To be considered for admission to the program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete university admission requirements to include submission of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Submit an official transcript showing successful completion of an ACEN accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program to the UAFS Records Office. Students graduating from a nursing program that is not ACEN accredited will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Have a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for all college course work (including transfer work and excluding developmental courses) and be in good academic standing
- Complete required prerequisite courses for the program with a minimum grade of "C" or higher in each course prior to fall or spring entry; prerequisite courses are the pre-program requirements as listed on the degree plan for a total of 55 hours
- Have a current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse (A valid, unencumbered license must be maintained throughout the completion of the RN-BSN Program)
- Have evidence of work experience or satisfactory completion of an RN Refresher course according to the following guidelines:
0-12 months after graduation - no work experience required.
>12 months after graduation - at least 1000 hours of nursing employment during the last 12-24 months or successful completion of an RN refresher course approved by the Executive Program Director of Nursing Programs
NOTE: RNs who have met these guidelines are eligible to receive credit for core nursing courses (35 credits) by validation (without testing).