Dental Hygiene Completion Program
Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene Completion Program (AAS-BSDH)
Students who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application for admission.
- Application Deadline – May 20 for fall entry into the program.
- Eligible students must submit an application for admission to the Advising Coordinator for the College of Health Sciences prior to the application deadline.
- To graduate clinically competent and ethical dental hygienists who will promote the values of oral and general health and wellness to the public.
- To provide a quality educational program that meets the needs of the students, employers and educational community.
- To graduate dental hygienists who are able to initiate and assume responsibility for health promotion and disease prevention activities for diverse populations in a variety of settings.
- To create a physical and emotional atmosphere conducive to learning.
- To graduate dental hygienists who possess transferable skills, e.g. in communication, problem solving, and critical thinking, in order to take advantage of opportunities for professional growth and development.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Dental Hygiene Program, graduates will:
Demonstrate competence in all graduate competencies set forth by the Commission on Dental Accreditation to become successful and productive hygienists to deliver optimal care to patients in the private healthcare setting.
Be clinically competent in assessing, exposing and electronic storing of dental radiographs when delivering care to patients in Dental Hygiene Clinic.
Apply the knowledge to deliver the Dental Hygiene Process of Care to patient by: assessing, dental hygiene diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Students will demonstrate the provision of dental hygiene care to promote client health and wellness using critical thinking and problem solving skills in the provision of an evidence-based practice.
Communicate effectively to patients and other dental healthcare professionals.
Access and evaluate appropriate information through written and electronic means.
Apply ethical frameworks to resolve a variety of ethical dilemmas.
Program Exceeds Pass Rate Standards
The UAFS Dental Hygiene Program has exceeded the accreditation standards for the pass rate average on both the written national board dental hygiene examination and the regional clinical examination.
Dental Hygiene First Write Pass Rates
National Board Exam
National Board Exam pass rates will be reported on each graduating class.
|Date||Candidates Taking||Candidates Passing||% Pass Rate|